Induction coils / inductors
Other common names for the induction coil include: Inductor, heating coil, work coil, glow loop, block heating coil.
Inductors are required for induction heating processes such as hardening, melting, annealing, brazing. They are the core of every induction plant. This is the part of the equipment that causes heating by electromagnetic action on the workpiece. The inductor generally consists of a hollow copper section through which the cooling water flows.
The shape of the inductor depends on the workpiece to be heated. Thus, there are a variety of designs.
The main basic types are
- Inner field inductor
- Outer field inductor
- Surface inductor one-sided
- Surface inductor two-sided
Only if the inductor (coil design ) is optimally constructed, the desired heating results can be achieved to produce workpieces in best quality.
Megatherm has many years of experience in the field of coil design, modification and repair.
Well-trained staff will calculate and design the optimum inductor specifically for your workpiece and process.
If required, practical tests can be carried out in our own test laboratory to test the efficiency of the inductor and to find the final shape of the inductor.
One way to improve the thermal efficiency of inductors can be achieved with concentrators. Here Megatherm uses innovative materials, depending on frequency and design.
Inductors – there are a variety of designs
Our service package includes:
- Consulting, planning, calculation, design, manufacturing and commissioning of inductors
- Rebuilding and modification of block heating coils and induction coils of all makes to optimize your inductive and conductive heating systems
- Repair and maintenance of block heating coils and inductors of all makes and models
- The block heating coil or inductor is the core of every inductive heating system and should therefore be regularly maintained and serviced.
All manufacturing and maintenance work can be carried out in our modern production halls. Our own test laboratory is available for preliminary test series and evaluations.
Maintenance work can also be carried out at the customer’s premises on request.
The use of innovative materials for coil construction as well as for maintenance guarantees our customers a significantly higher availability rate.
Please contact us and convince yourself of our fast response time, reliability and our high quality products.